Monday, January 28, 2013

Knowing When To Step Away

I remember being 10 years old and my mom reminding me to pick up my brother from the bus stop or else the bus driver won't let him off (my brother has a mental disability and it was very bad back then he is a lot better now and is about to graduate college so you go bro.) yeah yeah i said as i continued to play my game of Soul Edge. Its 4 o'clock in the afternoon and my mom comes home and asks where is my brother. It hits me that i forgot to go pick him up from the bus stop. My mom was furious but not as furious as i was that i left my brother on the bus over a game. Since that day i have always been careful about managing my game time. It is a very important thing to learn those who don't learn it let their whole life be dictated by games. Now my example was a serious example of how things can go wrong and not all situations will be like this but my point remains. We got to know when to step away and get some air. Now if you are over the age of 18 and either have a job or going to school or both this is not about you dude in fact i am proud keep it up dudes/dudettes. This is for those guys who got up this morning didn't take a shower and whose hands are covered in Cheetos dust and are about to pick up their controller.
Fuck you dude i will not pass you the controller! Wash your damn hands, take a shower, eat a good breakfast and do something. Step away from the game. Its fine to go and relax and play games hell if you play games for awhile but when i hear the phrase
all i did today was play games for 24 hours straight
and i can look at your pit stains and tell you are telling the truth it seems like such a waste. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. When you tell people you been playing games for 24 hours its like bragging about getting to first base with your mom; No one is impressed and in fact we are all feel sorry for you afterwards
Go do something it doesn't even have to be productive! I am literally saying go do anything else you don't want games to consume your life. You don't want to be a stupid slacker....ah alliteration.

No comments:

Post a Comment